THE SPANISH LANGUAGE
is the second most spoken language in the world due to the number of speakers who claim it as their native tongue (after Mandarin Chinese). It is spoken as a first and second language amongst 450 and 500 million people. It is the third most spoken language as a first or second language after Mandarin Chinese and English combined, and is the mother tongue to 400 million people worldwide... Read more
Spanish School in Tambopata, PERU
Do you want to pair Spanish language learning with exploration of Peruvian nature? If so, Tambopata is a great option for you. Right in the Peruvian Amazon, you will find this Spanish school in the Tambopata National Park. Here you will have the opportunity to study Spanish while getting to know the area with the highest biodiversity rate on the planet. You will be surrounded by the stunning Peruvian nature and wild animals such as caimans, monkeys, otters, tapirs, capibaras and many bird species. There is no better place on earth to study Spanish than in the Peruvian Amazon.
SPANISH PROGRAM IN TAMBOPATA
What is striking about this school is the communicative and interactive teaching method. The teachers use a personal approach in order to teach the students according to their learning styles. Therefore, the Spanish classes are given in small groups so that the students will learn Spanish in a very short period of time. Teachers, who come from the partner school in Cusco, stay with the students for the entire period of their Spanish program in Tambopata. The best part about studying at this school is that the information studied in Spanish classes can be seen in real life during a jungle tour in the Peruvian Amazon with an experienced guide.
ACCOMMODATION IN TAMBOPATA
This school in the Peruvian Amazon is a lodge with areas to teach Spanish. To get to the school, you will need to take a bus from Cusco that will take you to Puerto Maldonado in about 8 hours. From there, it is only one hour more by boat. This beautiful accommodation in Tambopata is situated in the amazing Peruvian rainforest. It has 24 lodges with private bathrooms and an amazing view over the Tambopata River in the Peruvian Amazon. With the Spanish program in Tambopata, all meals are included.
ACTIVITIES DURING YOUR SPANISH PROGRAM
Since the accommodation in Tambopata is situated in the Peruvian rainforest, there are a lot of activities offered in this beautiful part of the Peruvian Jungle.
- Hikes through the Peruvian Jungle
- Canoe trips on the Tambopata river to spot wild animals like otters, monkeys and turtles
- Bird watching from a tower
- Searching for caimans in the Tambopata river at night
- Getting to know the locals and visiting the local communities
- Relaxing in your hammock and taking in the air of the Peruvian jungle
TAMBOPATA IN THE AMAZON, PERU
Peru, with the capital of Lima, is a country in the northwest of the South American continent. The country has much to offer: an ancient Inca culture, a beautifully diverse nature (coast, mountains and jungle) and delicious Peruvian food!
The people in the Tambopata National Park live in communities together with the diverse wildlife. The park consists of 1.5 million hectares of the regions Puno and Madre de Dios. The climate is sub-tropical with a wet season from November to April and a dry season from May to October. In Tambopata, Malaria risk is low, though it is a good idea to bring your insect repellent since there are lots of mosquitos. Furthermore, you will need a yellow fever vaccination if you want to enter the Tambopata National Park.
EXCURSIONS IN TAMBOPATA
There are several excursions in Tambopata that offer a guide that knows the Peruvian Amazon and is able to guide you through the jungle. Here are some options of excursions in Tambopata that you can do to complement your Spanish program in Tambopata:
- Various hikes
- Canoe tour on the Sandoval Lake to observe monkeys, turtles and Giant Otters
- Observation tower to spot the Peruvian jungle with its bird life
- Night walk to search for Caiman
- Butterfly farm
- Peruvian cooking class
- Visits to local communities
- Monkey Island and the famous Macaw Clay Lick
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM IN TAMBOPATA
There are currently no volunteer projects running in Tambopata, but should you be interested in volunteering in Peru, we can help you finding nice volunteer projects in Cusco and the Sacred Valley. Ask us for further information!
WE RECOMMEND THIS SPANISH SCHOOL IN TAMBOPATA BECAUSE:
- The Spanish program will take place in the Tambopata National Park that is situated in the Peruvian Rainforest; it is a unique place to study Spanish in the great diversity of wildlife.
- Teachers are very dedicated to teaching the students Spanish with communicative and interactive methods.
- There is lot of personal attention as the groups for the Spanish classes are small.
- There are many options to do excursions in the Tambopata National Park and observe all the beautiful nature in this part of the Peruvian jungle.
If you want more information about this school or if you want to register, please click here