THE SPANISH LANGUAGE
is the second most spoken language in the world due to the number of speakers who claim it as their native tongue (after Mandarin Chinese). It is spoken as a first and second language amongst 450 and 500 million people. It is the third most spoken language as a first or second language after Mandarin Chinese and English combined, and is the mother tongue to 400 million people worldwide... Read more
Spanish School in Oaxaca, MEXICO
This Spanish school in Oaxaca is an excellent place to study Spanish if you want to improve your Spanish level in a short period of time and explore the Mexican culture. The Mexican teachers at this school use effective teaching methods to help you reach new levels during the Spanish classes. The school is situated in the historical centre, just 4 blocks from the downtown square that is called ‘Zocalo’. As the Spanish school is situated in the centre, there are many cafes, museums, shops and internet cafes that are just a short distance from the school.
SPANISH PROGRAM IN OAXACA
The Spanish lessons consist of interactive programs that help the students learn the Spanish language as quickly as possible. The Spanish classes start every Monday and have a duration of 55 minutes, with breaks in between. In order to determine your Spanish level, you will take a placement exam to place you in the right Spanish class. There is also the possibility to take private lessons, group lessons, or a combination of group lessons and specialized classes. Group classes consist of no more than 8 students, and the standard group programs are 20 or 25 hours per week.
ACCOMMODATION IN OAXACA
The school offers different types of accommodation in Oaxaca. The Spanish school has a student residence that is walking distance from the school. This residence is a modern colonial house. All rooms have private bathrooms, and the house has a kitchen, living room, dining room, spacious patio and a roof terrace. There is also WIFI connection. Another option is a shared apartment with 3 to 5 bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, a bathroom and a garden or patio. Bed linens and towels are provided. Furthermore, if you would like to really experience the Mexican culture, then a host family would be the best option for you. These host families in Oaxaca are located at a maximum distance of 30 minutes from the school. Staying with one of the host families is the perfect opportunity to get a first-hand look at the Mexican culture and improve your Spanish level with locals.
ACTIVITIES DURING YOUR SPANISH PROGRAM
There are a variety of activities during your Spanish program that you can participate in at the Spanish school in Oaxaca. To give you an idea of some of these activities, see the list below:
- Take a Mexican cooking class and learn how to prepare a typical Mexican dish
- Learn some Latin moves and take a salsa or bachata dancing class
- Learn more about the Mexican culture in one of the cultural classes
- Practice your Spanish in the ‘Café Social’ and get to know more of your fellow students
- Movie night
Mexico is a fascinating and colourful country with big contrasts. In Mexico, you will find many Mayan ruins, two of which are on the list of the ‘Seven Wonders of the World’ (Chitzen Itza and Teotihuacan). Its capital is the biggest city in the world: Mexico City. The country has many interesting sites to offer with its colonial cities, impressive cathedrals, beautiful nature, unspoiled beaches and stunning mountain views.
The city of Oaxaca is situated in the central valley and has an ethnic and historical atmosphere. You will find the area rich in Mexican traditions and filled with colonial architecture. Oaxaca is famous for its creative artistry and the variety of beautiful artisans.
EXCURSIONS IN OAXACA
There are many options for excursions in Oaxaca that will keep you busy outside of your Spanish classes. The following are some examples of the most popular excursions in Oaxaca that the Spanish school has to offer:
- One-day excursion to the archaeological zones of Monte Alba
- A trip to Hierve el Agua, one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Oaxaca and has the most stunning view
- Visit the widest tree on the planet, ´El Tule,´ which is 2,000 years old
- Go on a Mezcal tour and try Mezcal at one of the many distilleries
- Walk through the botanical gardens
- Visit one of the many museums in Oaxaca
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM IN OAXACA
Participating in the volunteer program in Mexico is an excellent way to discover more about the Mexican culture and improve your Spanish level. In addition, you can also offer a helping hand to the local people. The Spanish school has many volunteer projects to offer, so selecting a project depends on your personal preferences. The school is happy to help you with your choice. There are a variety of projects that work with street children, schools, orphanages or travel agencies.
WE RECOMMEND THIS SPANISH SCHOOL IN OAXACA BECAUSE:
- In Oaxaca, you can experience the famous works of the creative artists and learn more about the Mexican culture.
- The inhabitants of Oaxaca are an interesting mix of ethnicities, such as the Mixtecs and Zapotecs. This diversity is shown in the many traditions, dances, music, languages and Mexican food.
- The school is very well organized and offers intensive, interactive programs designed to meet the needs of each student.
- The school has a high academic standard, and the school has several accreditations.
If you want more information about this school or if you want to register, please click here