THE SPANISH LANGUAGE
is the second most spoken language in the world due to the number of speakers who claim it as their native tongue (after Mandarin Chinese). It is spoken as a first and second language amongst 450 and 500 million people. It is the third most spoken language as a first or second language after Mandarin Chinese and English combined, and is the mother tongue to 400 million people worldwide... Read more
Spanish School in Havana, CUBA
This Spanish school is located in Vedado, Cuba, just in the downtown area of Havana, a mere 20-30 minutes from old town and the international airport. You will find business, commerce and nightlife in this area. The Spanish classes are given in local homes, at the houses of the host families or on balconies of the homes of the teachers.
SPANISH PROGRAM IN HAVANA
Our Spanish programs begin on every Monday throughout the year.
Spanish courses in Cuba include:
- Spanish Language course
- Language and Dance course
- Language and Music course (to be booked in addition to a language course)
- Specific Spanish courses upon request (e.g. Spanish and Literature)
In order to be placed in the appropriate Spanish class, students will first take a placement exam to determine their level. Class sessions are in the morning or afternoon, depending on the level. There is a minimum of two weeks required to participate in group lessons and one week minimum for individual lessons. Because the school aims for the highest quality and positive results, there is a maximum of 3 students in all group lessons.
It is possible to combine Spanish classes with dance and music classes. These one hour classes are five times a week and can be done in groups or individually. There may be a fee for the rental of instruments.
The teachers, all native speakers, have many years of experience in teaching. Because they give personal attention, employ successful teaching methods and incorporate their cultural knowledge, our teachers provide students with the best experience.
ACCOMODATION IN HAVANA
Students can stay with Cuban host families. All families have been carefully selected and have an official license to host foreigners. These families enjoy receiving foreign students in their homes and sharing the customs and traditions of the Cuban culture with their guests. The spacious homes are within walking distance from the location of classes and from other home stay families where other students will be staying.
The address of the family will be provided upon arrival, when the family will pick up the students or students travel by themselves to the family.
Some details about the accommodation:
- Single, double (and twin) rooms.
- Double rooms are only for students travelling together.
- Half board (breakfast and dinner) included.
- Dinner is between 18.30 - 20.00h.
- All rooms have air-conditioning or a fan.
- Most rooms have a private bathroom.
- Towels and sheets are provided.
- Laundry is not included; however, host families offer a laundry service for a small charge.
ACTIVITIES DURING YOUR SPANISH PROGRAM
To enjoy Cuba to the fullest, we offer a variety of afternoon activities and weekend excursions. The following are some examples of activities:
- Dance classes e.g. salsa, mambo, rumba, cha-cha-cha, son
- Guided city tours
- Individual music classes e.g. percussion, guitar, trumpet
- Witness Santeria or consult with Santeria priests; Santeria is a fusion of Catholicism and the Lucumi religion of the African Yoruba tribes
Cuba has a very friendly and hospitable population. Dancing, singing, poetry and music all are a big part of this beautiful country. Havana takes you on a journey back to the 50´s, with old cars, a relaxed atmosphere and the perfect climate where you can enjoy beaches all year long.
Havana is now on the list of UNESCO World Monuments. It is a beautiful city where all different kinds of cultures and races mix. It is famous for the ´Playas del Este´ and Malecon (boulevard). In Vedado, you will find the art deco buildings, which are considered national monuments of Cuba.
EXCURSIONS IN HAVANA
The school offers plenty of possibilities for students:
- Playas del Este: The beautiful resort of Santa Maria has a 12km beach and is just 30mins from Vedado.
- Valle de Vinales: One of Cuba’s greatest natural attractions with a beautiful lush valley, famed for its picturesque tobacco farms.
- Varadero: Resort town in the province of Matanzas.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM IN HAVANA
Currently, the school does not offer any volunteer projects in Cuba.
WE RECOMMEND THIS SPANISH SCHOOL IN HAVANA BECAUSE:
- It offers an interactive and dynamic learning approach.
- The teaching methodology focuses on conversation and increasing individual confidence.
- The teachers have years of experience and aim to make it a fun and effective learning process.
- Staying with a home stay family will allow you to experience the culture and life of Cuba, as well as to make local Cuban friends.
- The city of Havana offers an exciting and unique experience quite unlike any other city.
If you want more information about this school or if you want to register, please click here