THE SPANISH LANGUAGE
is the second most spoken language in the world due to the number of speakers who claim it as their native tongue (after Mandarin Chinese). It is spoken as a first and second language amongst 450 and 500 million people. It is the third most spoken language as a first or second language after Mandarin Chinese and English combined, and is the mother tongue to 400 million people worldwide... Read more
Spanish School in Santo Domingo de Heredia, COSTA RICA
Are you looking for the perfect place to pair Spanish study with the beautiful outdoors? Then this Spanish school in Santo Domingo de Heredia might be the perfect place for you. The school is situated in the city centre of Santo Domingo de Heredia, close to bus connections that take you to other cities like San Josť and Heredia. Keep in mind that Costa Rica has a wet season (May to November) and a dry season (December to April), but even during the rainy months, or "green season," the country is beautiful to visit. If you choose to study Spanish at this school, you will experience "Pura Vida" ("Pure Life")!
SPANISH PROGRAM IN SANTO DOMINGO DE HEREDIA
The Spanish program in Santo Domingo de Heredia offers Spanish lessons for every Spanish level. Spanish classes are from Monday to Friday and have a duration of 55 minutes with breaks in between. There are programs of 20 and 25 hours a week, with the option to take group classes, individual classes. The groups consist of a maximum of 8 students. Before starting your course, you will take a written and oral placement test in order to determine the appropriate Spanish level for you.
ACCOMMODATION IN SANTO DOMINGO DE HEREDIA
There are several types of accommodation in Santo Domingo de Heredia. You can stay at a shared apartment that has two to four bedrooms, one or two bathrooms, a kitchen and a terrace or garden. Bedding and cleaning are provided but towels are not included. The apartments are located at a walking distance from the school, a maximum of 30 minutes away on foot. WIFI is available. If you want to practice your Spanish even more, then a home stay in Santo Domingo de Heredia would be the perfect option. Staying with a Costa Rican family is also a great opportunity to get a first-hand look into the Costa Rican culture.
ACTIVITIES DURING YOUR SPANISH PROGRAM
There are many interesting activities that you can do during your Spanish program in addition to your Spanish classes. The following are the most common activities that are offered at the Spanish school in Santo Domingo de Heredia.
- Participate in the dance classes and learn the Latin moves of salsa and meringue
- Take a city tour to explore the city of Santo Domingo de Heredia and discover the public transportation, banks, restaurants and shops
- Attend lectures that will discuss the cultural topics of Costa Rica
- Participate in a cooking class and learn how to prepare typical Costa Rican food
- Party at one of the fiestas in the Spanish school where there will be food, dance and drinks
- Visit a museum and learn more about the Costa Rican culture
- Have a movie night with your fellow students
SANTO DOMINGO DE HEREDIA, COSTA RICA
Costa Rica is a country in Central America that borders Panama and Nicaragua. It is an ideal country for adventurous people who love to be in nature. Costa Rica has an impressive flora and fauna with exotic animals like turtles, crocodiles, monkeys, tapirs, jaguars and many bird species. For those who are active and adventurous, Costa Rica offers volcanoes to climb, trails to mountain bike, and great spots to surf on both the Caribbean and the Pacific coast.
Santo Domingo de Heredia in Costa Rica is situated 10 minutes between Heredia and San Josť and has about 60,000 inhabitants. The locals are known for their hospitality and friendliness. The city has nice parks, churches and neighbourhoods to offer, and at night the city is hopping with its many restaurants, bars and clubs.
EXCURSIONS IN SANTO DOMINGO DE HEREDIA
There are many excursions in Santo Domingo de Heredia that you can do in addition to the Spanish lessons. The excursions can be booked at the school and mostly take place on the weekends. Here are some examples of excursions offered:
- Visit Vulcano Arenal in the evening and see its flowing, red lava; after this, you will have the opportunity to visit the hot springs
- Go rafting on the Rio Pacuare in the Braulio Carillo National Park
- Visit Tortuguero National park on the Caribbean coast and spot monkeys, turtles, caimans, toucans and many other birds
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM IN SANTO DOMINGO DE HEREDIA
The volunteer program in Santa Domingo de Heredia is a great way to learn more about the Costa Rican culture and to be a helping hand to the local people. Volunteering in Costa Rica will also help you to improve your Spanish level. To participate in the program, you must take at least 4 weeks of Spanish classes, followed by a minimum of 4 weeks of volunteering. There are a variety of different volunteer projects offered; you can work with children at a school or an orphanage, assist retired people, or volunteer at a national park or (ecological) farm.
WE RECOMMEND THIS SPANISH SCHOOL IN SANTO DOMINGO DE HEREDIA BECAUSE:
- Heredia and its surroundings provide a gorgeous setting for a language course and the perfect opportunity for a holiday destination.
- You will experience the Costa Rican culture while participating in exciting activities and exploring the country on school excursions.
- Language courses are very flexible and can be arranged according to your personal preferences.
If you want more information about this school or if you want to register, please click here